There currently is no automated footnotes management feature. However, you can manually create footnotes by doing the following:
- Create a heading at the end of your chapter called Footnotes and apply the "Heading 2" style to it.
- Create a numbered list of any footnotes you'd like to include. (Note that you can change the numbering style to use letters, numbers, or Roman numerals from the dropdown.
- In your text, write the letter or number that corresponds to the desired footnote and apply the superscript format to it by highlighting it and clicking Format > Superscript.
Here is an example:
Technology integration models are common in educational technology.a However, there is no standard model that all researchers and practitioners use.b
And the footnotes could be shown like this:
- Educational technology is a loosely-defined field.
- Some common models include the following: TPACK, SAMR, etc.