LA 8.2 Discussing My Learning
|Learning Outcome||Pedagogical Intent||Student Position|
Employ theories of first and second language acquisition in teaching content area subjects.
Assessment: 25 pts.
Time: 20 minutes
Teachers will reflect on their new understandings from the course and synthesize these with their current and future practice.
Teachers have completed the course on second language acquisition. They are now in a position to discuss their thinking about changes in their learning.
Consider the reflection homeworks from each of the preceding sessions. Identify something you changed or created in your practice with ELs that you can share with others in your group.
- In your group, share changes you have made in classroom routines or creating assignments, or identify strategies you have used in your teaching or assessing of ELs.
- As a group, select one of the changes a group member made and prepare to share it with the rest of the class.
- One selected group member from each group will share a change they made in using a strategy, altering a routine, or in enacting assignments.
- As a whole class discuss:
- In what way(s) did my understanding deepen, enlarge, or undergo change throughout this course?
- What will I purposefully keep the same in my practice due to my new understanding?
- What will I intentionally change in my practice due to my new understanding?