LA 1.1: Did You Know?
|Learning Outcome||Pedagogical Intent||Student Position|
Identify and articulate how your beliefs impact attention to language.
Assessment: 25 pts.
TA: 20 Minutes
Teachers will consider language variation and recognize and attend to the factors that influence language usage.
Students will begin an examination of their own assumptions and beliefs about language variation by learning new facts and making connections to their own experiences. Since every student has a fact to contribute, every student is positioned as a valued and respected knower.
- Get a sample card from the Treasure Hunt cards and the Treasure Hunt Worksheet.
- Discuss your sample card and any related personal experiences you each have in one-on-one conversations with your fellow students.
- Make notes on your worksheet next to the appropriate category.
- Discuss at least one sample card for each category.
- Be prepared to share your favorite story that a fellow student shared with you regarding your sample card.
End-of-Chapter Survey: How would you rate the overall quality of this chapter?
- Very Low Quality
- Low Quality
- Moderate Quality
- High Quality
- Very High Quality