HW 2.5 Factors and Needs
|Learning Outcome||Pedagogical Intent||Student Position|
Teachers know, understand, and use the major concepts, theories, and research related to the nature and acquisition of language and linguistic systems to support English language leaners’ development of literacy.
Assessment: 50 pts.
Due: Session 3
Teachers will delve more deeply into the various factors of the critical learning domainsto promote understanding and realize their use in working with English learners.
Teachers have reviewed the three critical learning domains. They are now prepared to consider how these learning domains and other factors influence the needs of ELLs in language acquisition.
- Go to https://tellcases.byu.edu.
- Find Tell 410 Second Language Acquisition.
- Select 2:“Second Language Acquisition Case(Interactive).”
- Under the section, “Who am I as a reader?” please select one of the three critical learning domains (Cognitive, Social/Affective, Linguistic) and one of the next three factors (Cultural, Age, or Limited Formal Schooling) to view.
- Identify which probes you viewed. Using this worksheet, write a response to the following: How have you seen,or do you currently see,these critical learning domains and factors impacting the learning of your ELLs?What do you need to add to your regular practices and routines?
End-of-Chapter Survey: How would you rate the overall quality of this chapter?
- Very Low Quality
- Low Quality
- Moderate Quality
- High Quality
- Very High Quality