LA 6.5 Partner Debrief: Consolidating Knowledge of ELL Writing Instruction
|Learning Outcome||Pedagogical Intent||Student Position|
Use knowledge and skills to construct learning environments that support development of English language proficiency.
Assessment: 25 pts.
TA: 20 Minutes
Teachers can integrate and then articulate their knowledge of supporting ELs content learning by engaging students in their writing assignments and their development as writers.
Students have identified a unit and lessons they would like to make more attentive to developing their own students' content knowledge and literacy development. They have learned to assess the literacy development of ELs and identify next steps in their language and literacy development through writing instruction.
- Use your key ideas worksheet as you review key ideas with a partner to look more closely at your unit plan and the writing instruction revisions you want to make.
- As you review your key ideas consider the following:
- What new ideas relevant to your teaching emerge?
- What writing instruction in your current unit is already strong?
- What is one aspect of writing instruction you want to implement in your future teaching?
- What questions are you still considering?
- The facilitator will review your homework and answer any questions about your work with the final project.
End-of-Chapter Survey: How would you rate the overall quality of this chapter?
- Very Low Quality
- Low Quality
- Moderate Quality
- High Quality
- Very High Quality