LA 5.7 Consolidating Knowledge for Supporting EL Literacy
|Learning Outcome||Pedagogical Intent||Student Position|
Articulate knowledge and skills to construct learning environments that support development of English language proficiency: literacy, academic, and cognitive development. (footnote language and definition)
Assessment: 25 pts.
TA: 20 Minutes
Teachers can integrate and then articulate their knowledge of supporting ELs content learning, ability to access knowledge from text and their development as readers.
Students have identified units and lessons they would like to make more attentive to developing their own students' content knowledge and literacy development. They have learned about academic language development, assessment, language acquisition, and building on the academic, background and cultural knowledge students bring to learning. They have learned to assess the literacy development of Els and identify next steps in their language and literacy development.
- Use your key ideas worksheet as the facilitator systematically reviews each center.
- For each center the facilitator will ask
- What new ideas relevant to your teaching emerge?
- What in your current teaching is strong based on this activity?
- What is one thing you want to implement in your future teaching?
- What questions are you still considering?
- After reviewing all the centers, the facilitator will ask
- How did you or will you adjust your plan based on what you have learned?
- The facilitator will review your homework and answer any questions about your work with the final project.