HW 4.6 Deepening Understanding of Literacy Guidelines for ELs
|Learning Outcome||Pedagogical Intent||Student Position|
Articulate knowledge and skills to construct learning environments that support development of English language proficiency: literacy, academic, and cognitive development.
Due: Session #
Teachers can integrate what they are learning about supporting ELs content learning and academic langage development with the Literacy Guidelines for ELs.
Students have learnded about supporting the development of academic language, Literacy guidelines for ELs, and developing literacy focused classrooms. They are now ready to gather resources to apply in revising a lesson.
- During this session you have been developing and applying understanding about how to support ELs academic language and vocabulary development.
- In doing your homework, you have read and studied text and video, that focuses on developing understandings of teaching literacy
- Next, you will consider the ideas you have developed to deepen your understanding of the Literacy Guidelines for ELs
- Pull up the Literacy Guidelines for ELs to support your thinking about the meaning of these guidelines.
- Then use the Deepening Understanding of the Literacy Guidelines for ELs chart and fill it out following the directions on the chart. Capturing your thinking on this chart will help you in designing and revising your unit plan.
- Bring the chart to session 5.
End-of-Chapter Survey: How would you rate the overall quality of this chapter?
- Very Low Quality
- Low Quality
- Moderate Quality
- High Quality
- Very High Quality