LA 8.2 Revisiting My Thinking
|Learning Outcome||Pedagogical Intent||Student Position|
Communicate a personal acceptance of and acknowledge the dynamics of culture in the lives of all students.
Work in partnerships with families and communities to create positive learning environments.
Assessment: 25 pts.
TA: 20 Minutes
Teachers can help students achieve more as they have learned about parents, families, and their students. They will continue this work as they continue their teaching career.
Students have completed the last course in the TELL ESL Endorsement. They will review their responses to the survey they took as the class began. They will note areas where their thinking has changed and areas where they want to put forth more effort.
1. For homework in session 6, you completed the Common Beliefs Survey. The facilitator will give you the Common Belief Survey that you completed at the beginning of this course.
2. In a group of 3, first consider your initial responses thinking about whether, given what you have learned since, it accurately reflects your initial understandings.
3. Now compare your initial responses with the responses to the survey you completed for homework in session 6.
4. Consider the following questions in your group. thinking has changed from the beginning of this class:
- Which of your responses are you surprised by?
- What change and growth have you seen in your attitudes as reported in the survey?
- As you review the ‘why I feel this way’ section of each question, what new ideas do you find?.
- What changes do you see in the way you want to teach and serve students in the future?