LA 2.5: National PTA Standards
|Learning Outcome||Pedagogical Intent||Student Position|
Employ strategies to empower parents/families to participate in their child’s education.
Assessment: 25 pts.
TA: 30 Minutes
Teachers can take the lead in identifying areas in which their schools can improve in meeting at least one of the National PTA Standards.
Students have been introduced to the National PTA Standards and are ready to consider how their schools are doing in meeting the standards.
- Sit in groups of the same school or feeder school.
- Using the National PTA Standards and the questions from Homework 1.5, you used last week, share your school’s strengths and needs in meeting each standard.
- Select the one standard your school is doing best. Then select the one standard the school needs to work on. Discuss why you chose these with your group.
- Brainstorm ideas for how the school can improve their work for the standard that needs improvement. Create a list you can share with other teachers at your school or in your feeder school group to receive feedback on your ideas.
- Return next week with the basics of a plan in mind.