HW 7.2 Reconsidering Engaging with Families
|Learning Outcome||Pedagogical Intent||Student Position|
Teachers work in partnerships with families and communities to create positive learning environments.
Assessment: 50 pts.
Due: Session 8
Teachers can apply learnings from the course and set goals for working with parents, families and communities.
Students have learned about how to more deliberately create welcoming schools, interacting in educative ways with parents and families, and how to involve parents, families and communities in their school. They will watch a video that reinforces these ideas and consider again their own practice.
- Watch the video Collaboration:Current Realities of My School.
- Click on this link. It will take you to the videos for this course. Scroll down to where the sessions are listed on the screen. Click on Session 4 then move to the right side of the screen and click on Introduction. You only need to watch the video to the subtitle "Address the Need for Training".
- As you watch, consider how this could inform your advocacy and partnershipping with your students' families and in your school and community.
- Finally, review your advocacy paper and presentation so that you are ready with your group to present next week.
- Remember to bring the survey you filled out for homework in session 6 next week in session 8.
End-of-Chapter Survey: How would you rate the overall quality of this chapter?
- Very Low Quality
- Low Quality
- Moderate Quality
- High Quality
- Very High Quality