HW 5.4: National PTA Standards
|Learning Outcome||Pedagogical Intent||Student Position|
Provide support and advocacy.
Employ strategies to empower parents/families to participate in their child’s education.
Assessment: 50 pts.
Due: Session 6
Teachers can use the National PTA Standards to improve their practice by creating a plan to apply one of them in their own work with students and families.
Students have learned the National PTA Standards and have thought about their application to the school setting. They are now challenged to plan to apply one of the standards in their own classroom and practices.
- Think about your classroom and how you are applying the National PTA Standards in your work with students and families. To refresh your memory, you can go to LA 1.3 for the National PTA Standards summary sheet.
- Analyze the six standards and identify at least one area in which you could improve your practice? The Standards are:
- Welcoming All Families
- Communicating Effectively
- Supporting Student Success
- Speaking Up for Every Child
- Sharing Power
- Collaborating with the Community
3. Select one standard for you to begin your work in applying the standards in your classroom and school. Write the name of the standard as well as specifically stating the ideas you will use to achieve your plan.
4. Bring your written plan to session 6 to share.
End-of-Chapter Survey: How would you rate the overall quality of this chapter?
- Very Low Quality
- Low Quality
- Moderate Quality
- High Quality
- Very High Quality