LA 7.2 Enacting Centers to Demonstrate Skill in Using High-Quality Strategies and Practices
|Learning Outcome||Pedagogical Intent||Student Position|
Demonstrate knowledge of and use of practices and strategies related to planning, implementing, and managing ESL and content instruction.
Assessment: 25 pts.
TA: 100 Minutes
Articulating their knowledge enables teachers to implement the principles that guide best practices in their regular, day-to-day teaching with ELs.
Students have created centers based on SIOP and will participate in enacting each one.
1. The facilitator will create spaces in the room for everyone to set up their centers.
2. Centers 1, 2, 3, and 4 will be enacted first. There will also be a Teacher center, in which students ask questions about the MSDLA assignment for the final project.
3. The facilitator will keep time so the centers move as they should. This part will take 50 minutes.
1. Centers 5, 6, 7, and 8 will now be enacted. There will also be a Teacher center during this rotation in which students can show their work on the MSDLA final project and receive feedback for completion.
2. Again, the facilitator will keep time.