LA 1.2 Negotiating Understanding of Inclusive Pedagogy.
|Learning Outcome||Pedagogical Intent||Student Position|
Demonstrate ability to manage and implement standards-based ESL and content instruction
Assessment: 25 pts.
TA: 40 Minutes
Deepen teachers’ knowledge of Inclusive Pedagogy so that it becomes practical knowledge used to guide designing, planning, and implementing instruction for their students.
Students have used Inclusive Pedagogy across their coursework. In this activity they will analyze their knowledge through self-analysis.
- Working collectively in your group, use the Inclusive Pedagogy note sheet and the Inclusive Pedagogy Framework chart with the accompanying readings to review and renew your understanding of each element of the tool (This is found in TELL tools linked here).
- Working individually, examine yourself and your learning as a teacher of ELs in terms of the questions on the Inclusive Pedagogy Framework. Jot notes that capture your thinking in the second column of the chart.
- Who is this teacher (who are you as a teacher)?
- What are my strengths and needs? (consider each aspect of critical learning domains—cognitive, linguistic, and social/affective).
- What are the policies and legalities that guide my practice as a teacher?
- What are my guiding principles?
- How do I take Multiple Perspectives?
- How do I hold High Expectations for students and myself and my school?
- What Knowledge-Based Practices do I embrace in my teaching?
- How do I hold myself, my students, and my school community Accountablefor learning?
- How do I position myself for success as a teacher in promoting student learning?
- How do I do this in my planning?
- How do I do this in my teaching?
- How do I do this in my assessing?
- How do I Collaborate with others to enact United Advocacy?
- How do I do this for teachers and educators (myself included)?
- How do I do this for all of my students (including ELLs)?
- How do I do this for the parents and families of students and for my community?
Suggested Citation, , , & (2019). Integrating Content and Language Instruction. Equity Press. https://equitypress.org/language_integration
End-of-Chapter Survey: How would you rate the overall quality of this chapter?
- Very Low Quality
- Low Quality
- Moderate Quality
- High Quality
- Very High Quality