HW 3.6 Exploring Teaching Strategy Marketplaces
|Learning Outcome||Pedagogical Intent||Student Position|
Employ a variety of strategies, materials and resources in standards-based ESL and content instruction..
Assessment: 50 pts.
Due: Session 4
|Teachers use their knowledge of teachign strategies to enrich their curriculum and increase the power of their MSDLA activities.||
Students have developed knowledge of how to promote ELLs language and literacy development in learning content in their regular classroom. They are positioned to revisit strategies based in best practices for teaching ELs.
- Within your working group you will have assigned each person to read half of the strategies in each of the marketplaces.
- The two people assigned to review the Comprehension Marketplace can access it here (one person will review the first half of the strategies and the other will do the second half).
- The two people assigned to review the Assessment Marketplace and access it here. (Again, remember one person will review the first half of the strategies and the other person will review the other half).
- As you review the marketplace, identify two strategies you would like to use in your teaching or your MSDLA. Examine it carefully (Please choose strategies you do not already use routinely in your teaching).
- Create an attractive and informative flyer persuading your peers to use the strategy in their teaching. Highlight the usefulness and advantage for using it in your teaching.