LA 3.3 Attending to the Five Standards in Evaluating a Lesson
|Learning Outcome||Pedagogical Intent||Student Position|
Demonstrate knowledge and use of a variety of on-going, classroom-based assessments adapted to student needs.
Assessment: 25 pts.
TA: 25 Minutes
Teachers can, after observing some teachers assessing students throughout the lesson, know the importance of paying attention to learning in every part of the lesson.
Students are ready to notice classroom assessments used by teachers.They will watch video of elementary and secondary lessons to identify actions on the part of the teacher to assess learning throughout their lessons.
- You used the Sample Observation Tool to make notes as you watched elementary and secondary lesson videos. Choose the video that closely relates to your teaching context for your observation notes.
- Form a group of three or four students where the members observed and evaluated the same lesson (elementary or secondary).
- Together create a shared sample classroom observation form from your notes. Work until you reach agreement on your ratings of each segment of the lesson.
- Discuss the following questions and add your responses to the back of the form.
- Identify where the teacher attended to the CREDE Five Standards for effective pedagogy. Identify where they might have used them and didn’t.
- How does the teacher develop language and literacy across the curriculum?
- What visible examples of informal or formal assesment were present?
- What equitable practices did you notice? List the details that led you to that judgement.