Session 9: Presenting Our MSDLAs
|Learning Outcome||Pedagogical Intent||Student Position|
Demonstrate knowledge and use of the Utah English Language Proficiency Standards in selection of programs,practices and strategies related to planning, implementing, and managing ESL and content instruction, including classroom, organization,teaching strategies for development and integrating language skills, and choosing and adapting classroom resources
Assessment: 100 pts.
TA: Class Session
Preservice teachers can evaluate their work and respond to the evaluation to improve and strengthen their work. They are prepared to present their work to their peers.
|Students have learned about MSDLAs and funds of knowledge, selected content standards, developed content and language objectives and designed curriculum to meet standards. They have learned to select and support academic language development, modify texts to increase student understanding and language development. They can present and explain their work.|
1. (120 minutes) Each group will present their MSDLA. (15 minutes per group).
- Be prepared to identify 2 key strengths you observed in the MSDLA of your peers or how you might use it in your teaching.
2. (20 minutes) Each person will make a commitment statement: What will you always do in your teaching of ELs?
- Homework 9.1 Submit MSDLA (for the teacher and for your peers)
- Homework 9.2 Individual Final Reflection on your learning.
- Schedule group meeting with teacher for session 10.