Homework 5.3 Engaging in Self-Assessment
|Learning Outcome||Pedagogical Intent||Student Position|
Demonstrate knowledge and use of the Utah English Language Proficiency Standards in selection of programs,practices and strategies related to planning, implementing, and managing ESL and content instruction, including classroom, organization,teaching strategies for development and integrating language skills, and choosing and adapting classroom resources
Assessment: 50 pts.
Preservice teachers can evaluate their work and respond to the evaluation to improve and strengthen their work. They are prepared to receive and respond to critique.
Students have learned about MSDLAs and funds of knowledge, selected content standards, developed content and language objectives and designed curriculum to meet standards. They have learned to select and support academic language development, modify texts to increase student understanding and language development. They are ready to consider and assess their work.
1. The teacher you are constructing the MSDLA for will be in class to review your work during the next class session and will provide suggestions. In preparation, each member of your group should review your MSDLAs in their current state.
2. Use the rubric for the MSDLA and the Checklist found in HW1.6. You will want to download the assignment since the checklist is attached and the rubric. You might also want to download the appropriate rotation chart and add it to your MSDLA now.
3. Using the rubric, identify weaknesses in your project and make a list of suggestions for meeting them you can provide your group members. Rather than the rubric it is this list of suggestions that you submit for a grade.
4. You should also add details about your understanding of the Five Standards for Effective Pedagogy, vocabulary teaching and learning, and literacy and language development to your WIP.
5. Submit your list of fixes to Learning Suite.