Homework 3.3 Looking for Resources For Activity Centers
|Learning Outcome||Pedagogical Intent||Student Position|
Demonstrate knowledge and use of the Utah English Language Proficiency Standards in selection of programs,practices and strategies related to planning, implementing, and managing ESL and content instruction, including classroom, organization,teaching strategies for development and integrating language skills, and choosing and adapting classroom resources
Preservice teachers can seek out and utilize resources that will enable ELLS to meet content and language objectives through engaging in curriculum.
Students have developed knowledge that guides curriculum making that supports ELLs in developing language and literacy skills. They have begun development of their MSDLAs and are ready to seek resources.
1. Do a search online and elsewhere to locate resources you could use in your activity centers. Gather the ones you think will work for the grade level you are creating the activity centers.
- ColorinColorado: A site maintained by the University of Colorado Boulder--links for grade level suggestions;links for special education resources; and links for literature suggestions.
- Search on the content standard topic.
- Search on online games by content, objective specifics, grade level etc.
- Search on graphic organizers
- CREDE website at Hawaii: check out the resources link and the curriculum links.
2. Search for articles, games, images, supporting materials that would be appropriate for your centers.