HW 1.1: Reflection on My Learning
|Learning Outcome||Pedagogical Intent||Student Position|
Demonstrate how culture affects language development and academic achievement.
Assessment: 50 pts.
Due: Session 8
Teachers can reflect on the learning activities in the session and explore ways to integrate the modeled strategies and content into their own pedagogy.
Teachers have participated in the first session of the ESL endorsement. They are now ready to reflect on the activities of the session and find ways to incorporate them into their own teaching.
- At the end of each session the facilitator will assign the participants to write in their journal addressing several questions. Students will keep their journal digitally and will send it to the facilitator each week. The journal may also be used during group discussions. Make sure you can access the journal during class session so that you can refer to the notes. (REMEMBER: In HW 1. 5 you reviewed the guidelines for the final project. As you reflect each week consider whether you had an aha about one of the characteristics of Inclusive Pedagogy? If so remember to save the artifact and your explantion so that it will be available when you construct your final portfolio.
- For session one, you will do two things for your journal. First you will select something you learned from class or that you have thought you might like to do for ELs you teach and try it out. This will be the first segment of your journal entry. Report what you did and your thinking about it. For the second part of the journal you will answer the following questions:
- Of the five belief statements, which one did you feel a personal connection to and why? Which one, if any, did you disagree with and why?
- Now that you have been introduced to the five standards of Inclusive Pedagogy, which one do you feel you are most familiar with and what evidence of the standard do you see in your classroom
- What is your over-all feeling of the endorsement thus far and what do you hope the endorsement will do for you?
End-of-Chapter Survey: How would you rate the overall quality of this chapter?
- Very Low Quality
- Low Quality
- Moderate Quality
- High Quality
- Very High Quality