LA 4.3 Assessment Tool Marketplace
|Learning Outcome||Pedagogical Intent||Student Position|
Demonstrate knowledge and use of a variety of on-going, classroom-based assessments adapted to student needs.
Assessment: 25 pts.
TA: 30 Minutes
Teachers can incorporate authentic assessments into their practice, enhancing ELs opportunity to perform well academically.
In previous sessions, students have studied authentic assessments. They now will be exposed to various examples of informal assessments to spur their own creativity in future use of ongoing informal assessments.
- In your final group project, you will use informal assessments. This activity will allow you to learn about a series of assessment you might use.
- To aid your learning of assessment strategies, each person in your group will take 6 of the tools in the market place to study (Click the following link to study the assigned tools: Market Place Assessment Descriptions).
- You will have 15 minutes to scan and take notes on your 6 assessment strategies.
- On the worksheet provided (Click the following link to access the Notes for Assessment Marketplace) write notes about the assessments you examine.
- When you have finished taking notes on an assessment star the one or two you think may be useful for the final project.
- As a group, share your notes on the ones you starred and together determine one or two that you could use in your final project.
End-of-Chapter Survey: How would you rate the overall quality of this chapter?
- Very Low Quality
- Low Quality
- Moderate Quality
- High Quality
- Very High Quality